I’m just getting this thing going. I’ve grown to really dislike all my prior incantations of blogging (Wordpress, Tumblr, etc), excluding the early days when I wrote my own blog platform (in PHP! but with no database). But this is much better than that.
Keep your eyes peeled for interesting commentary and things. Here’s what I have in mind.
- software engineering
- distributed databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch)
- streaming platforms / lambda architecture
- big data
- optimization (or the lack thereof)
- software design
- software books :)
- probably a suspicious amount of Amazon Web Services
And perhaps more importantly, here’s what I do not have in mind.
- current events
- family life (this is a hacking blog)
Here are some people that have inspired me to start writing, or folks whom I generally respect and admire. You should read them!
See you around the internets!